Thread: Mitco39's Build
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #71 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
I got most of the matting put in the trunk, ended up using alot more than GT thought I would need so I am going to have to order in another batch of it to do under the seats and the doors. The way I see it the weight I saved from removing the exhaust will be about the same as the weight added in matting, plus she is not going to be a track queen or anything. Here's a few pictures, been debating whether to do the panels under the 2 small back windows, I have a few sheets left so I will probably end up just filling that in as best as I can. Crappy part about all of this is I have not drove the car in so long that I probably wont notice the change, ill have to go for a ride in a local members 370 just to hear the difference.

Also to anyone looking to do this where its not 90 degrees out a heat gun works wonders for softening up the rubber to then press into location. I have been doing it in a garage at about 40-50F and it would not be possible without the heat gun.

Might you be interested in GTMat Onyx? PM the GTMat account for a quote.