View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #132 (permalink)
JoeD
Banned

Drives: Z
JoeD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
don't get me started on the m90. I do have experience with it including full custom kits and modified stock application cars. I that blower tops out at 400 without porting, and i don't think that stillen will be porting the ones it sells in the kit. Our v6 is in the flow range of larger engines and would do better with a larger blower.
Agreed.

I don't think you will see anything impressive with an M90, and even with an M112 you'll struggle to make similar power to GTM's modest TT setup. Figure the Terminator Cobra makes roughly 380 RWHP stock with an M112 at 8 PSI through a 4.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8, and that blower on an engine pushing more air than the Z's runs out of steam approaching 500 RWHP.

I don't think any forced-induction setup on the 370Z will be worthwhile unless it will make at least 450 RWHP. Factor in the cost of parts/installation, supporting-mods, constant headache of what part will break next or tuning issues, powertrain warranty going out the door, etc...anything less, and you might as well stick with basic bolt-ons.

Last edited by JoeD; 09-26-2009 at 10:51 PM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote