View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah to me the mortgage argument isn't even about investment. Maybe my perspective is different, but I see that being more about financial freedom. The faster you get to the point of truly owning your home mortgage free... your monthly bills become drastically reduced. Suddenly you're not in situation where you keep having to say "If I can't pull in $X/month in salary, my life will rapidly fall apart". It gives you the freedom to be flexible, to take a few more months to figure things out if you get laid off work somewhere, to decide you want to downgrade to a less-stressful career later in life, etc...