View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #115 (permalink)
dansracing
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
dansracing is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=irondoc;2144884]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansracing View Post

Dan, Though you may end up going nuts with 9-10 psi pulleys, and other ways to get up close to 500whp, the initial Stillen tune will make such a big jump in power over your NISMO it will be startling. This is by far the fastest car I have ever owned. I have learned that I get much better acceleration with the traction control turned off. When on, it kicks in constantly and every time the squiggly lines show up the engine backs off on the throttle. The only problem is it is way too easy to leave tread on the pavement. You will have a blast. Who is doing the install and when do you expect it to be ready?
Kit is supposed to show up this Tuesday. I have to send off the intake tube for powder coating and expect it back the following week, maybe Wednesday. If all goes right I will be sucking some serious air by Feb. 18. I will give a full report with pictures.
I don't see myself messing with the pulleys for more gain. I want to leave the system as is. If I ever do anything, I would look at Meth injection. A guy in our group who has the Stillen SC just had the Meth kit installed last Thursday. HUGE improvement. He has a 350z and has been running the Stillen kit for about a year with no issues at all. He was making 375 WHP. Adding the Meth Kit, it jumped up to like 423.
His work and my work will be done by J Tran Studios in Houston. They are experts on our cars and the tuner Johnny Tran is very good. They have done tons of FI work and countless tunes, specializing in the Nissan Z.