View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reporting on all of this.

Yeah I don't think the cruise control loss would affect UpRev switching. It's more about RPMs + wheel speed sensors not matching up the way the ECU expects that kills Cruise Control.

Q's:

1) Does VDC work now or is it forced-off? (which might actually be a good thing!). If it still works, does it seem to work correctly or does it make even worse corrections than usual?

2) The "manual rear end" thing... was your car a Sport Pkg 7AT with the VLSD before, or not? I'm just curious if this was about your rear end not being a factory VLSD, or if it was actually about the manual/auto thing, because the service manual doesn't seem to think there's much difference between manual/auto at the back, just VLSD -vs- Open.

3) You said 7AT revmatch "seems" to still work, but you needed to do some "sport mode" driving... that makes me a little leery yet since we don't know we're on the same page here. Can you drive the thing around in Manual mode and actually downshift, e.g. 4 -> 3 or 3 -> 2, and the rev match happens correctly for a smooth downshift (try it under braking, around 3.5K RPM in the higher gear before the shift).

Last edited by wstar; 02-02-2013 at 07:22 AM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote