View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #52 (permalink)
Gauge
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Nismo PW
Gauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the rough

If I'm being unbiased (from my perspective). I got the MT for a few reasons. Nismo doesn't come with anything else, and it's a sports car, so I just automatically assumed to get it. I've driven plenty of manuals so I wasn't expecting anything out of left field.

This MT isn't very good IMO. It's not "bad", but I wouldn't say it's good either. The AT is way, WAY, better for street driving.

Having driven a few MT Nissan's from many different years, and plenty of other MT from other car companies, I think Nissan just sucks at making MT's. Especially second gear... every single MT Nissan I've ever driven has an issue with second. I don't see this in other cars.

Like I said, it's not bad, and once you get used to it, you won't even notice the flaws. But honestly, unless you plan to track it, I would get the AT. Having said that, if I did it all over again, I will still get the Nimso edition and get the MT. So... I don't know what that means :/ guess it makes me a hypocrite.