View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #86 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
other issues would include:

-sub-par components (eg: pulleys, bypass valve)
-dollar per horsepower gain too low
-minimal torque gains over stock vs compared to other FI kits
-intercooler only adequate up to approx 12psi.

just my 2 cents.
Something we have been thinking of to assist the cooling is a larger water reservoir. Pull out that plastic thing that comes with the kit. I'm sure it warms up in the engine compartment and really doesn't help to keep the water cool at all, if anything it helps keep it hot. Also we could run hard lines from the rear to the front that would help with the heat dissipation.

I'm going to mount this 1.5 gallon tank in the rear.
1. Its inside the car making the tank cooler.
2. Only 4 ft of the hose that supplies the water to the heat exchanger will be in the engine bay.
3. More water in the tank will allow longer cool off before it recycled.
4. The aluminum will absorb some of the heat.
5. Tanks mouth is large enough for Ice for Auto Cross or Drag.

Easy mod, should help some with better boost due to the denser air. Anyway I just wanted to share this. Kelly and I were talking about it a few days ago. Will let you know how it works!!! Theory is sound.

Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote