View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #44 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Not sure but i'm pretty sure the majority of it is the wider range of tuning capability for IRS vs LA suspension and the type of track they were on. Willow is very curvy. IRS will have the advantage.
It's much less about IRS and much more about tires and a better shock package on the Camaro.

"Willow is very curvy. IRS will have the advantage."

Explain to me how?

IRS can typically achieve higher mid corner speeds than SRA (hello camber gain and bumpsteer), but solid axles have inherent advantages at corner entry and exit. It is generally very difficult to make an IRS system outperform a solid axle at all three points. The biggest difference between IRS/SRA on track is going to be the unsprung weight disadvantage of the solid axle.

IRS or not, the Camaro has the superior tire and shock package. There's no getting around that.

Oh, and I don't have a solid axle car anymore so don't call me a fanboi.
LIKE us on Facebook!

Last edited by m4a1mustang; 01-31-2013 at 08:22 AM.
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote