View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #3288 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Ah, damn you are far out though now.
What made you want to go that far?
Well, I don't commute, so driving into downtown for work or whatever really isn't a concern for me. With that out of the picture, the further out of town I can get it ends up being a better deal. More land, cheaper prices, fewer issues with fancy neighborhood HOA restrictions, etc. The only things that really constrains me from moving *way* out of town are that I need reasonable access to an airport and solid broadband internet connectivity for work. That and just being in-range of using Houston when I need to for restaurants and shopping and all that.

So the place I ended up at is 1 acre lot, 3/2 house built in '95, 3-car garage, in an unrestricted area up here, ~45 mins to IAH and has U-verse. It was dirt cheap for what I got