View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #8637 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Is that how it usually works? I would think someone in a beginner's level wouldn't care about getting blacklisted. I worry about it more when I'm off the track than when I'm on it, but I get what you're saying.
It's really a gentleman's thing, in reality - if you caused the accident completely, it's pretty much on that guy to make amends. If you were just a participant and it was partially your fault? You each pay your own repairs. But, I'd wager to guess that if a guy get's a reputation for wrecking someone's car and then NOT sacking-up and footing the bill? He wont be racing with that group much. Or many other groups. Have you SEEN how rumors spread? lol

In beginner, if someone tries to pass at the wrong time, he will get an EARFUL from the instructor before he even can start moving past the person in front of him. If he CONTINUES against the instructors word? That guy is done. He'll be pitted, and MAYBE if he begs and pleads, might get let out onto the track. If he doesn't pit-in when he's told to? The moment that car comes to rest, the instructor will likely kick his ***. Maybe file kidnapping charges :-p

Otherwise, he's just engaged in quite possibly the most dangers maneuver on the track without a signal to proceed, and against his instructors word. It won't end well for the driver.

In reality, if a driver attempts to pass without signal, the instructor will bark at him immediately to back off until he's given a point, and the student will do just that. Life goes on. Mistakes happen. But a mistaken pass with no point-by? BIG error.

Last edited by MightyBobo; 01-29-2013 at 05:38 PM.