View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
akmofo
Base Member

Drives: 370z
akmofo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anifaust View Post
It's pouring down rain here today, not so sure I want to lift her skirt and be toying around with fuses at the moment. Do you know what the approximate board clearance there right after the sloped corner in the last picture is? What you used looks like it chewed through the casing rather easily, was that just a regular drill bit? I'm thinking I may give it a go with a grinder tip.
I used a dremel cutting wheel, and drilled into it with my drill, but what really chewed it up was trying to bend the frame to get it apart. Bending the holes I cut cause them to rip, which is why it looked so chewed up. The holes by themselves came out pretty clean before the bending.

You can see in Korrupt's picture here, the board is pretty close to the bottom of the casing.

Also, notice the 6 solder points in a perfect line where the switches are. That should be your guide for where the hole needs to go.

If you do this, let us know. It would actually be a much simpler fix than ripping the whole thing apart. Let me know what size drill bit you use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (60.1 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by akmofo; 01-29-2013 at 12:26 PM.
akmofo is offline   Reply With Quote