View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
It may be able to improve emissions, but this HHO-gives-better-performance/economy horse has been proven to be dead already. You can't get more out of a system than you put in. It takes a certain amount of energy to break water apart - unless lorenz1955 has discovered some quantum effect that allows one to break water apart with less than normal energy AND managed to scale it up to real world levels, he's blowing smoke up our collective a$$.
I believe this is what he is trying to do, why else would you spend all your time and money building a system that is known to be inefficient?

Quote:
Exactly. If you were Nissan and you were funding/supporting a project like this, would you keep quiet about it? Or would you issue press releases announcing your funding of the project and more releases as progress was made? If I am wrong and Nissan has made these announcements, please let me know.
I can see Nissan not making a big noise about a system that obviously has it's share of detractors. If I were Nissan, I would support the research (why not, no real cost to them) and wait to exploit the results if proven viable. Either way they win by not having to do the research themselves and piggybacking on someone elses success if it works. If it fails, no harm done to them or their reputation.

Quote:
Apples and oranges.
I agree they are different technologies, just that they seem to generate the same amount of skeptics and disbelievers etc. I remember when they started the project, it was in no way viable. Now they are approaching a viable technology though ongoing research and development.

I am not surprised by all the negative comments, but even so, I am encouraged by the discussion it is creating!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote