View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
Maybe I was off the mark thinking that this forum would support someone spending a lot of their own money and time researching and building an alternative system to improve the engine of our cars....
I didn't expect everyone to run out and buy a system, let alone be fanboi's, but I did expect that there would be support for someone thinking outside the box and having the stones and conviction to try and build it. It's people like Lorenz that help move our technology forward, either by discovering something incredible or proving it is non-viable. Either way, it's good for our future.
I did my best to bend over backwards to give the guy some credit above, but that's as far as I can go. The fact is that this does have the very distinct smell of pseudo-science snake-oil, and none of the list of Nissan and/or EU involvements really does much to change that. I fully support people thinking outside the box and moving technology forward. However, historically it's not people like Lorenz that help move our technology forward. Mostly what they do is defraud investors and fail to provide the world with any useful new science or engineering.

If you really want to go down the road of saying I'm being unfair, then perhaps I need to convince you a little more that I'm not:

Water4Gas HHO and Brown's gas are frauds and scams
Water powered car - RationalWiki
HHO is a scam: water for fuel doesn’t work, don’t fall for it. « Random musings from a heavily caffeinated computer business owner

I'm sure you can google more results for yourself. This sort of thing generally falls under the same category as the crackpots that pop up every few years pumping for investors in the latest "cold fusion" or perpetual motion machine scam. They defraud investors that might have used the money to invest in something actually useful.