View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #336 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute
Default Z1 hood struts and hood bulge

There has been some problems with hood bulge after installing Z1 hood struts. I set up my camera and tripod trying to catch the difference in hood bulge with the Z1 hood struts installed and without. Well, by eye the difference wasn't really noticeable until I took the pictures with the camera and went back and forth looking at the photos. Very noticeable. I'll see if I can make some kind of slide show alternating the photos so people can see the difference.

Long story short, after witnessing it, I had to fix it for peace of mind. How? I carefully heated the area with my Steinel Heat gun (this gun can produce temps up to 930˚F) folded up a microfibre towel lengthwise 4 times and placed it between the hood strut and plastic clutch cover while it was still hot, then closed the hood and let it cool. Then I took with hood strut and without hood strut pictures for comparison and was happy with the results.

I forgot to mention, The Z1 hood struts have model information painted on them. It would look like crap after installation so I sanded them down with some 1000 grit sandpaper and resprayed them satin black. Much better now.

I also downloaded the new Uprev base map to the ECU today.