View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #163 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bDC View Post
So when u are in first gear with the clutch pressed you rev then just let it go. Sounds like a recipe for disaster!
Well, you might want to try it ONCE(if you never tried this before) and feel it for yourself. But, do it in a large empty parking lot! Rev your rpm to 3k while holding the clutch and shift into the 1st gear. Then just dump the clutch and floor the gas pedal. It will bring your pleasure to a new level I bet you will love it. It's bad for your clutch and transmission IF you do it again and again. But dump the clutch is better than feather the clutch. And again, do it once just for your experience. Never do it on a public road!

Quote:
Does the Gear lock if you dont shift fast enough?

While I was driving today I was shifting to second, and I swear I felt as if it was locking. Then I started shifting Faster and it felt smoother So back to my question.

If you shift fast, Does that make it smoother? and If you shift slower does that make it seem stiffer?

Now thinking back I never shifted fast, but now Im going to start. It feels a lot better.
Quote:
Yea, but I feel like when I accelerate on first gear then press the clutch wait for 5 seconds because im going with the momentun and then I tried to shift to second it feel stiff.

But If I shift to second fast it feels a lot smoother.
Quote:
Whats Wot? hahahaha

Let me give you a quick Scenario.

Im driving down a 40mph zone straight line. Im on 4th gear. I Press the clutch all the way, Im still going at a decent pace with the momentum........5 seconds later when the car has slowed down to 35MPH I try to shift to keep going

Is that bad for the car? Should I not do that?
Sounds like you didn't shift into a proper gear according to the actual traveling speed or you didn't rev match correctly or you didn't rev match at all! Do you have SRM on? If you are at 40 mph in 4th or 5th gear and you clutch in too long, the RPM drops and you try to downshift without rev match? Then it will have some resistence to let you put into a lower gear coz that will damage your car.
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote