View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #267 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
Even though I have no pics I just got done with installing my new Southbend clutch and HD CSC. This was my first time ever changing a clutch. Pretty easy just very time consuming. Had a couple frustrating bolts. Course I do have a lift and a transmission jack to help a lot.

Th clutch is a little firmer but not much. But the clutch grabs a lot better all or nothing. Love that. I have just a little more play in the top end than before but nothing uncommon for our cars. I'm shocked how little of noise it made for a 14lb flywheel. Which I wouldn't of mined either way. You might not hear much if I had an interior but being my car is gutted.

And as far as the HD CSC, very easy. If you had problems bleeding it, you are retarded. So easy when you follow the directions. Actually this is the way it should be bleed anyways. So not sure how anyone has had problems
I wish I had a lift so I could do mine. I paid to get it done... and they had bleeding problems. Go figure. I ended up getting air out of the CMC after I got the car home and looked at it myself.

I noticed the same thing about my Southbend Stage 3 clutch and flywheel. Not much heavier, and the flywheel was quiet compared to other lightweight flywheels available. Nearly as quiet as the stock flywheel.

I just installed the RJM Performance clutch pedal assembly so I'll see how that affects the engagement the next time I drive it.

What stage clutch did you end up going with?