View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carbon Fiber front fascia?

I went to the garage to clean off some bugs today and found yet another (relatively) deep knick down by the fangs (about 1mm x 1mm x 8mm). It's deep enough that a clearbra would not have prevented it, as with another cut I found about a month ago.

Anyhow, has any manufacturer (in the past with Z's) put out a carbon fiber front fascia? I don't mean as an overlay, I mean a replacement.

I figure it'd be hard enough and resistant enough to not dent/ding/etc from road debris. The weight savings might be something, don't care about that...lol.

Personal preference would be that it would get painted to match the car...so it's a matter of eventually wanting to replace it when it looks bad enough and either spending the $200 or so to get a new plastic fascia (and whatever to have it painted), or, get a CF fascia at $xyz, then have it painted to match and likely not have to worry about dings/chips/cuts/etc.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote