View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky1845 View Post
What do you suggest I do, and in what order, to drive it? I don't right now even know if it has battery power.

I will, asap, after moving it to my house, remove the steering lock fuse.

What would you do
Step 1:
Make sure you have a quick exit and give the car a good whack to stir up any hornets/wasps/bees that may have established residence. Make a visual check for any damage done by critters and insects to tires, brake lines, water hoses, &c. Check exhaust pipes and air inlets for dirt dauber nests.

Check all fluid levels. Look for any signs of condensation. If anything looks/feels the least bit out of the ordinary, replace. I'd go ahead and replace the engine oil/filter.

Check battery charge and battery electrolyte level.

Not sure what to do about the old gas. You _should_ be OK as long as there is no condensation, but I'd drain as much as possible, top off with fresh fuel, and allow a few minutes for it to mix before starting.

I'd follow the procedure for priming the top end with oil before starting. There's a Nissan document on this site somewhere with instructions.

After starting, let the engine warm up slowly to boil off any condensation that may have accumulated. Then drive slowly until the transmission and differential warm up.

Remove steering lock fuse.

Edit: If your tires have flat spots, a few miles should make it a lot better. May take a few days to disappear. Add check tire inflation to list above.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 01-15-2013 at 08:32 PM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote