View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #4400 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hummm...in such financial crunch, i would just keep your stockers for the time being and enjoy the car without any mods. imho, wheels and accessories for a car should be purchased cash with no creditcard debit. why? expect to bend wheels, tires getting flats. i usually keep budget for one extra wheel/tire set for such emergencies.

the Deceptions appear to come in 18x8 (ET20 and ET40) and 18x9 (ET35) looking at discounttire.com are those the only sizes available?

those offsets aren't going to look right unless you're willing to work with spacers and lowering. ET20 will have poke, ET35 for rear at 9" width will look too conservative.

honestly though, get spacers for your stock wheels and lower it if you want to get the most out of appearance with minimal funds. otherwise, just leave it stock and save up.

What kenchan said.
I'm very pleased with my car's appearance on the stock rims with spacers and springs. It's definitely noticeable as a more aggressive stance than stock, but without being a StanceNation poster boy.

I'm also of the same mindset when it comes to spending on mods.
I can't swing or justify the cash for the wheels I really want (SSR Professor MS1), so I'm just not going to do it. I mean, hey... the OEM Sport Package rims are a pretty good looking RAYS wheel already. Anything less would be a downgrade.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.