View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
I've posted this in the "development" threads, and it doesn't get answered, so, here it is.

I and a few others on here have the 7AT...how much power can those handle before they pop?

I'm thinking of going with the GTM Twin Turbo setup, or, potentially a supercharger when one comes out.

But, if the tranny can't hang, then it'll be headers/HFC's/catback and call it a day (or maybe trade it in for a 6MT and lose my ***...)
The 350Z's AT was only good to about 400 to 420 RWH before mods were needed. I'd hope that the new 7AT handles more power. Another problem with the 350 AT was that when you went FI, the slower shift speed of the tranny would allow the RPMs to jump and hit the rev limiter when shifting under full acceleration. The fix was a throttle body upgrade on the tranny and/or a software change to the rev limiter level.