Thread: Engine Build
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

There was no reason for any bearing failure so soon after install with 500whp and a safe tune, and oil temps were never over 220. Regardless I can't prove the stillen pulley did anything nor am I going to attempt to, there are other reasons not to use it (it galvanizes and bonds itself to your crank over time), use it at your own risk.

From what I read about the Jun exhaust cams, the profile was not designed for boosted applications, I would be interested in seeing a before and after on the same car with boost though.

I have some disappointing news, the machine shop never decked the block (they try to avoid it if possible apparently) and one of the techs discovered a small gouge in the surface of the block at the very edge of the cylinder and the risk for head gasket failure is too high so the block is going back to the machine shop. They will have to disassemble the block, deck it, and reassemble.

The ETA is 2 weeks from them, which is pushing my build completion into mid February
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote