View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #115 (permalink)
R0bDC
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
R0bDC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jginnane View Post
My 09 was brand new, and so far I've had zero problems with it. (36K miles). This is exceptional, and unexpected.

Going on now into its 4th year, I know I'll have to do brakes sometime this spring. That's about it.

When you buy ANY car used, there's always a question of how the previous owner(s) treated it. Buying "certified" from a dealer isn't much of a guarantee, as you found out. But the car is basically OK.

Incidentally, in my research prior to buying, I noted the car was pretty much run-of-the-mill as far as exotic performing parts. Same engine as the G37, etc. etc. It's the configuration/assemblage in a light small frame that gives us the extra enjoyment, the enhanced value.

Find a competent mechanic to go over your car in depth looking for the types of problems you might expect. (This is what you might have considered investing $100 in back when you bought your used car.)

Good luck!
My problem is that these problems are not rare, it seems that every 09/10 370z will have this issue at some point unless they take out the fuse or cut the wired to the steering lock. Nissan recall the same issue on 09 GTR's why not 370Z's doesn't seem fair but hopefully for me after going through these things is smooth sailing.
R0bDC is offline   Reply With Quote