Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #925 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to get the entire print. The switch costs a little over $100. There are two switches in the brake pedal assembly, and so far only one was the culprit.

Below is my post in Mike's thread with pictures of the switches. His brake switch was out of adjustment, and he mentioned throttle was limited to 15%. When throttle is cut, there are no codes or warning lights. My switch couldn't be adjusted, so I had to shimmy it. My car was stock at the time, and the motor screamed. It sounded different. Plus, I was able to easily break loose the tires as I gradually depressed the pedal to the floor.
I have a serious engine problem

Fast forward to today, when I had power issues in 1st and 2nd the ambient temps were in the 40s. Oil temps were around 180F. I tend to get the car going under 2k RPM, so there's an annoying stall under 2k RPM before quickly ramping up afterward. It's pretty inconsistent and difficult to drive smoothly. There are times I feel a dead spot as I press down the gas pedal. I can feel the power build up to about 3-4k RPM, and then it stops abruptly. Pressing further down to the floor didn't make a difference. The linear feeling wasn't there. Boost would ramp up slowly in parallel with the tach, which was unusual. I had issues getting out of vacuum beyond 3k RPM at times, so I thought there was a leak.

So far the car is running great, and the ambient temps are in the upper 40s and 50s. I've had the oil temps as high as 200F and power feels consistent. I can feel the power build up from tip in regardless of the gear I'm on. It is easy to exceed the speed limit while gradually depressing the pedal down to 50%. So far I haven't felt any dead spots. Power continues to build up as I depress the pedal. Also, there's a nice feeling at highway speeds in 5th and 6th in which I can get the car to scoot with little effort. Basically starting out in 1st does not feel like starting out in 2nd. I've not had that feeling.

Also note I never had cruise control problems. So far it never disengaged on its own, so perhaps the other switch disengages cruise control. [shrugs]

I don't think this fix will resolve the power issues on super hot days, so an oil cooler is still recommended.

[EDIT] 370zgirl had this problem and had the switch replaced:
09 370z engine sputtering while accelerating

Last edited by DIGItonium; 01-10-2013 at 08:57 AM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote