View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #175 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevenson View Post
Yeah, but I'm past 3 years... in service for 3 years and 8 months. Got the car in May 2009.

They called back yesterday, quoting me parts and labor of $2800 to replace the whole assembly (master cylinder, slave, lines, clutch cover). They also had contacted Nissan, who offered to pay up and brought the cost to me down to $820.

I took it, my mechanic figured it'd be 700-800, and I assume he wasn't going to replace the whole thing (plus re-towing etc).

Should hopefully have her back by tomorrow.
Cant tell these days buying a used car, never know what the original owner did or did not do. Good thing NNA stepped up and cut the price for you. A tip for when you get the car back is to flush the brake fluid and keep an eye (ear) out for the quack sound. g/l and I am sure the dealer will do a good job, it's pretty much straight forward replacement. Might as well swap out ALL the fluids, its about time. Transmission fluid, gear oil, coolant.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote