View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #6194 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindaGuise View Post
E85 to stop any chance of predet. That and it makes more power with less. And no I meanttop mounted turbo. I like it for show as well. I will be running a custom vented hood to stop heatsoak as much as possible. Trust me a front or rear mount would be soooooo much easier and not a welding nightmare. But you know...becauseracecar/showcar

Also I will be getting my engine rebuilt in a year once im bored with my setup and will be going for bigger power with twin borgwarner EFR 6258s and E85 will allow for much more boost and power. EFRs are probably some of the best turbos for the money on the market right now. they have built in wastegates, bovs, and boost solenoids and their power ratios are different. most turbos run 8-10whp per psi EFRs run 12whp per psi.
Errrrr...

Agreed on the pre-det, it does run cooler, for sure. However, it takes about 30% MORE fuel to make the same power. Also, far more difficult to acquire reliably. E85 is usually reserved for cars running 600+ WHP heh.

Worse, your problem wont be pre-det I don't think (barring a shitty tune) - it's going to be the VVEL tuning issues preventing you from making power. Furthermore, what are you doing to beef up the driveline to handle all of this? Or is it really not going to be raced? And what is your final power goal before/after your rebuild? If you arent going north of 500 (and I think that heat soak issue with the top-mount may truly cause you problems), I don't see the need for E85 personally, but that is me.

If you're mainly going for show-car, this all makes a little more sense lol.