View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #174 (permalink)
fuct
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevenson View Post
Yeah, but I'm past 3 years... in service for 3 years and 8 months. Got the car in May 2009.

They called back yesterday, quoting me parts and labor of $2800 to replace the whole assembly (master cylinder, slave, lines, clutch cover). They also had contacted Nissan, who offered to pay up and brought the cost to me down to $820.

I took it, my mechanic figured it'd be 700-800, and I assume he wasn't going to replace the whole thing (plus re-towing etc).

Should hopefully have her back by tomorrow.
thats BS. those parts are much less wear and tear items than the clutch or centric slave cylinder.

for the master cylinder to go at 25k miles you either beat the sh1t outa it (which will be evident when they take the clutch off), or its defective. im leaning towards the latter...
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote