View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
The AEM's make me cautious because why do we need to "trick" the ECU? Isn't that the point of getting a tune is adjusting the ECU to your mods... Oh well. Not to mention they use the same filter placement as the Injens in the spaces in front of the wheels which get no Direct airflow unless you make modifications. So you're sticking them in a closet without access to free air... Kinda shooting yourself in the foot imho.

I totally agree with this statement. I have had an AEM CAI installed for about three months and just removed it yesterday as I could not get it to work without the check engine light coming on and having problems with air flow. There was quite a bit of hesitation during shift changes and the engine would periodically shut down when under load going up hill. After discussing the issue with Seb at SpecialtyZ, he recommended I remove the CAI and replace it with the OEM set up and get K&N drop in filters since I'm getting a tune anyway and with the mods I have the horsepower loss is minimal and the vehicle will perform better. A very expensive lesson for me. As the saying goes "keep it simple...stupid!" Got Z1 silicone post-MAF intake hose on the way as well. This setup has been suggested by many on the forum.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote