View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #232 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinojos View Post
I've read absolutely every post on this thread. Now you can call it lack of sleep or stupidity but I'm completely lost. All these words are just confusing the s*** out of me. I'm a visual learner and I have absolutely no experience with wiring of any sort. I ordered the jdm version and I want it to be on when my headlights are on and I also want it to function as a brake light(if that makes any sense). Someone please point me In a general direction. More than willing to rep anyone that helps. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeb0x View Post
the JDM version comes with a single filament bulb 7440, and thus it always looks like the light is "braking" when it is on.

if you want it on as a parking light when driving, and brighter when you hit the brakes... then you have to obtain a dual filament light bulb harness 7443 to achieve this.

there's pictures of the general install on the first page of this thread, and if you search my posts i explain how i did it with a Lexus IS300 brake lightbulb harness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowler View Post
Here's a write up I did recently on how to achieve this by modifying the fog light assembly and wiring diagram.

Rear Foglight - Running light AND brake light

This is good if you want to use it as a fourth brake light, but it makes it ineffective as a fog light until you are braking.
Three brake lights is enough for me

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote