View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #303 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Sounded awful. it just sound wrong guys, was considering Up Rev but might go on the other direction if such tuning is Okay. In my region we have authorized dealers or tuner shall i say. but I don't trust them with my car, can Up Rev do a custom tune by shipping them my ECU? If so who is the best tuner out there?!
I am by no means an expert on tuning but it can be done remotely. Khoi Ha, Sales and Marketing, AAM Competition provided me with the following information; " As far as tuning goes, most places will charge about 600-700 for a dyno tuning session with the Uprev flash license, right now we are charging 599 for this service.

The difference between dyno tune and e-tuning (or remote tuning) Dyno tuning takes at most a few hours, you have the convenience of doing all of your pulls on the dyno and can adjust your maps at the tip of your fingers. It's convenient, quick, and effective. However not everyone has access to a reputable tuner, or a tuner at all within reasonable distance so they Uprev offers the standard cable, which you can buy to hook up your laptop to your car yourself.

Remote tuning is simple, can be just as effective as a dyno tune, but requires you to do your end of the work too. Instead of doing pulls on the dyno and adjusting the map in real time, now we (the tuner) send you a map, you load it to your car. After the map is loaded, you hop onto the highway and log certain/specific data points, via the cable and your own laptop (and the software), these data points get saved and sent to us, we analyze the logs and adjust your map accordingly, and send you an updated map. You go back and forth a few times until your map is perfect. A bit more complicated but by no means is this method inferior to a dyno tune.

If you do get a dyno tune, I highly recommend you ask them to take it on the street and fine tune/street tune it as well. Although dyno tune can be very accurate, depending on the dyno, it doesn't apply real world load. Some tuners will argue that street tuning a street car is the way to go, and dyno tunes are for those just looking to make crazy numbers, haha I say the best of both worlds is dyno tune, then fine tune things on the street!"

You should PM Khoi, he is very knowledgeable and provides outstanding customer service. I hope this helps.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote