View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZNISMO#704 View Post
Well if you could manage to make it work where a single pod was around 250+/- a few and a double pod 300+/- I would for sure be in on a limited number of these built now another question is could it be done for the same or a little bit more in red carbon I would love to have both of mine done to match my other red carbon pieces and my Nismo trim. But if not then no worries. Just love the quality of your work.
This is actually more work/effort than simply wrapping plastic pieces with carbon fibre, and those pieces are fairly expensive, and no, it's not totally justified because of the material (carbon fibre).

It would be tough to make a one size fits all gauge pod with this exact fit and finish because gauges in general are not all built to the same specifications. In comparison this gauge pod is similar to getting a high end suit custom tailored to fit you perfectly.

Money can be saved by repurposing the cars existing A-Pillar, that alone is a $70 savings.

I didn't think there would be any interest in this when I was making mine. People tend to look down upon A-Pillar gauge set-ups and it doesn't make sense for me to build a mould unless I know I'm making more than three or four pieces.

I forgot to mention I also dyed the gauge bezel satin black to match the other gauges (it was gloss black). Attention to detail

IMG_7729 by J M Gale, on Flickr