Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #269 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
That's exactly my point. You can use price to argue about your purchase. But at the end of the day... there are seperate spec classes. Now you say the Doran races compare them. But I would have to know what's happening under the hood of those cars to argue that. I don't. Modifed racing narrows gaps and that's another ballpark altogether. But whatever... the same 5 guys are gonna argue about the same mustang shyt for the 500th time... The same Z jockers and mustang fanboys run the same argument since the 2011 mustang came out and its pretty silly if you think about it.

1. This is a Z forum so bias is going for a Z.
2. Mustang jockers are trying to convert the thinking of people that want to be one sided.
3. Mustangs and Z's from stock are two different types of cars.
4. BRZ's are totally different from us and stangs.

Damn, I have a Titan pick up that's 40k... let me stack it up against my Z since they both run about $40k. Oh, the Nismo and Landrover evoque... yeah that'll work???? Come on dudes. Specs mean everything.

No car gets put up against everything under the sun as the Z does over price... lol

Ego comparison. Even when the mustang 4.6 was getting taken down by Z's, I always saw two totally different cars. But to each his own I guess. Enjoy 501 arguing the same argument.
The problem with specs is you're being too specific.

Most people shop based on very broad segments. Mustang, 370Z, Camaro, Gen Coupe, etc. could all be thrown into the "Sports Car / Sporty Car" segment. So they'll get compared against one another as long as they are close in price.

Will they look at a Tundra? No, because it's not a "sports car / sporty car."

That's just the way the world works.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote