Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #261 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Not quite. The Z has no competitor in its class. But if we are going to get technical. The Z is a 3.7 liter V6 with a starting pricepoint of $33k. The V6 mustang is also a 3.7, also in the 300hp range. Weighs about 150lbs more than the Z and is RWD.
The v8 mustang is in the 400hp range,, is about 200lbs heavier and meets the criteria of a whole different segment.
Its not Nissans fault that no one else has built a class leading v6 in power except BMW AND PORSCHE. Which the Z kind of competes with those from a technical standpoint.

You can argue price all day long... But at the end of the day, true competitors share technical comparisons. Its ego that will pin a Z against a 5.0. Doesn't make sense.... they wouldn't even race in the same arena if it were a true roadcoarse and not some ameteur auto X.

Personal preference of sports car type is a whole different argument. If you want to say... for 35k i'd rather have a 4 seat muscle car over a 2 seat sports car. That's a whole other story. Price competition and being competitors are two different things.

I'll make sure to make my next purchase decision while completely ignoring price.

I do agree that the v6 mustang is probably the closer competitor to the z, though probably not for the same reasons you do.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote