View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
G37sHKS
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 G37S Coupe 7AT
G37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
Price is the other big factor. For starters you will save about $500 with the twin scroll single kit that is capable of producing the same power as a Stage II twin turbo kit. On top of that the twin scroll single kit comes with a complete oil cooler kit ($400 retail) value, larger fuel pump 340lph (vs 255) larger injectors 750cc (vs 600cc) as well as an oil pan spacer ($100) to increase the oil volume by 1qt. So that alone will add up to another $1,000 or so. Some nice clutch/flywheel money.
Not only that. Your kit comes with down pipes with Wastegates.. While GTM doesn't even comes with normal test pipes .. this alone is $1200 value

Its funny how GTM advertise their stage 2 kit for "600" WHP when their kit runs out of fuel at 500 WHP

The 3rd reason why this kit is better because this is a true full kit and true full bolts on! and here is why
This kit comes with Oil pan spacer for turbo lines, while gtm you either have to drill your stock pan or purchase a spacer.

This kit comes with Oil cooler, GTM kit doesn't come with that so you cant go to track with GTM kit otherwise say hello to overheat and goodbye to the engine.

This kit comes with large injectors and fuel pump to be able to make "600" hp without running out of fuel. While GTM comes with 600 injectors and 255 that are known to max out at 500 WHP.

And there are many other reasons but last and not least, when Boost performance gives you a lead time for kit. it will come in time or even before that! but with GTM? I don't even wanna talk about it

Don't get me wrong, I have GTM TT kit for my self but im just saying the true facts

Way to go Boosted Performance!