View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who would honestly pay $2000 for an Intake?

So I'm just browsing through a random performance parts site I found and happen to check out intakes that they have. My eye dotted Top Secret Z34. I check it out and see that it's a mind blowing $1973. It's just a pretty fabbed up short ram system with probably titanium piping and pretty burnt colors, and carbon fiber covers. Yes it's made by the awesome Top Secret company but who the hell is going to pay $2000 for a simple intake system that probably does not beat out the ~$500 Stillen Gen3 CAIs. Also being mindful of the pricing of the car. $2000 for an intake for something like a Ferrari/Lambo/Supercar may be justified because what's $2000 when your car is $200k-400k. I see the $2000 for the intake and think to myself how that's about 1/4 of a GTM TT kit. How do they expect to actually see buyers with such outrageous prices?

Top Secret - Z34 Super Induction Kit - Nengun Performance
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote