Thread: O&G's Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #257 (permalink)
O&G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anv.
O&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update 12/20/12 MONEY SPENT$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDC_OFF View Post
looks and sounds awesome. Just stay away from speed bumps and driveways :P Hate to see that stuff get scratched.
I sh*t on speed bumps!

All parts have been ordered and should be arriving within the week minus the Arias custom made pistons. Ron Burgenholtz @ JTran Studios has had some great success with these “custom” made pistons throughout his years of racing, plus he has a hookup over there. I had the pleasure of watching him assemble a V-8 going into a 2011 Z06 yesterday, I have no doubts my motor will be built correctly the first time. He is very meticulous, labeling, cleaning, and measuring over and over again. He used a manual ring grinder to set the piston rings; the guy is a machine…old school style! Arias does not shelf stock their pistons; each set is made when the order is placed so the turnaround is about 25-30 days. I went ahead and ordered cams as well, my goal right now is to build the motor as stout as my budget will allow.

• K1 Rods / ARP fasteners / bearings
• Arias 9:5:1 custom made pistons
• Cosworth High Performance Head Gasket’s
• VQ37 VHR rebuild kit / rear main seal
• ARP studs
• Jun exhaust cams
• GTM spring and retainer upgrade package
• GTM 3 inch intake runners from GTM’s S/C intercooler
• STRI 52mm fuel pressure gauge
• Z speed extended under shroud powder coat black

My upgraded and rebuilt COMP turbo should be back at the shop next week as well. JTran was trying to get me to do a forward facing twin turbo set up but I don’t have the cash for that right now so we are sticking with the single. I know he wants to flip the exhaust manifolds and stick the turbo in the front bumper but I’m not sure if we will end up doing it. If we do go that route the car will turn into a full race car, gutted, roll cage, fuel cell w/ custom fuel setup, etc… He wouldn’t fab an exhaust on the forward facing single, just fire out the side of the front bumper…. Right now I’m split on it, the 40th has such a nice interior, not sure if I want to go full race. I might stick with the low mount and single exhaust, plus it will be the cheaper option! “1st world problems!”

I’ll get some parts pics up when they all arrive!
O&G is offline   Reply With Quote