View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #2618 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
My guesses are proposed legislation will attempt to:
  • Require background checks on ALL purchases (i.e. ban private party sales)
  • Ban "Assault Rifles," potentially with no grandfathering.
  • Limit magazine capacity for all semi-auto firearms to 10 rounds with no grandfathering of existing "hi cap" mags
  • Heavily restrict transport outside the home... no concealed carry?

The last one... maybe not. But I think the AR ban, closing the "gun show loophole," and limiting magazine capacity.

Of course they'll completely overlook the real problem, which is mental health.

I don't necessarily have a problem with requiring an FFL to broker private party sales as long as there is a reasonable maximum brokerage fee that they can charge. This would prevent law abiding gun owners from unknowingly selling to criminals.

I think mental health records should be better integrated in the background check process. It could help prevent future VT and Aurora type events where the shooter had a clear mental health issue that should have made them ineligible for firearm ownership.
Also, we'll most certainly get some sort of ammo restrictions...

Online sales ban?

Sales only through FFL with background check?

Purchases over a certain number of rounds reported to government?
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote