View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #148 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I was, yes. I've been running the Curve2300 map since I added that to the first post over a year ago, and it works great for me. The previous map I had published (which is Linear on the charts in the first post now), in practice produces a surge of responsiveness in the upper range of the pedal followed by a flat-spot, so it's just not as precise, predictable, and controllable as the Curve2300 one. The point of the Curve2300 map is to (a) solve the "ECU doesn't fully open the throttle at low revs" problem while also (b) providing a smooth, predictable response so that you can do nuanced throttle work and not be surprised by variations in the effect of a given amount of pedal travel in different parts of the range.

All of that said, though, none of this work has been updated for UpRev's latest findings a few months ago. They cracked at least some of the real VVEL control tables, and this mystery throttle table is undoubtedly tightly linked with those, and they probably know more about all of these related tables than they used to. At some point I need to take a look at what they've got and what it means for all of this.