View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #91 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
I wonder if i have offended your ego, as you have a 911 in your garage and are trying to justify it.

Why is it that YOU can not see that many motoring journos have demonstrated that the GTR is measurably superior to the 911 and cheaper. Now as to the FEEL of the cars, yes they are different and these differences are what appeal to different people.
And......no i can not afford either car and have not driven these two new versions of either.

Jeez, seems there are some staunch Porsche defenders on this forum.

I have to agree with this... I do know that in a half mile the GTR will take a 911 turbo, in one mile, the porsche will pick up and start to pass the GTR. The porsche will most likely feel more connected to the road, and be more nimble in RWD. The Porsche will be more refined.
But being the fact that one is RWD and one is AWD makes these cars two different animals thhat have two different missions. There are things the GTR can do the porsche can't and vice-versa, plus there's a 60k difference between the turbo 911 and the GTR.

When you factor in general performance and cost. The GTR is a highly compelling package. I wouldn't sit here and say one is better than the other based on they're mission lies in two different arenas.

But to post in here the 911 is better as a FACT??? And not a personal opinion or preference??? That's pretty bold. These are different classes of automobiles, there's engineering in a porsche that may make it superior to a GTR in some ways. In the realm of PURPOSE. NEITHER CAR SHOULD BE COMPARED IN THAT FASHION. Doing so would be unrealistic and Elitist. (Superiority complex)
I have a friend who only likes AWD. So his 3kGT is superior to my Z in his eyes. I don't argue with him over it because he prefers theAWD sports arena. I prefer RWD. I drive RWD's better than my friend. He can drift AWD. Its all personal preference.