Thread: Insurance?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #57 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
Some folks in the forum may not realize that many folks who are posting the lesser expensive insurance premium cost are carrying only "middle-tier" coverage (such as yourself @ 50/100/25) or sometime even just "minimum state required" coverage.

So if anyone here in the forums think that folks carrying the lesser coverages are getting a better deal than those doing the comparison should keep in mind that folks with lesser coverages are personally liable for the difference should an accident caused by them have higher monetary damage values (propoerty and medical) that exceed their insurance "middle-tier" or "minimum" coverages.

You would be surprised how many folks don't realize this important critical difference between those paying lower premiums compared to those paying higher premiums.
I turned my policy to bare minimums...I'm paying $165/mo now, for 25/50/25/1K, plus uninsured/underinsured at 25/50. (Z and Civic at those amounts, truck at liability only)

While you can say that someone is personally liable for amounts over the covered amounts, how often is someone in a car accident where $25,000 didn't cover it? Cars are very safe these days, especially if you're an attentive driver.

Personally, I'm not going to worry about it. I'd rather pay less and pocket the different (like using it to pay off debts) than give it to the insurance company that'll deny claims and give me the run around anyway.

99.999% of the time, those coverage limits are money being tossed in another company's pocket. I'd rather keep it in mine, like I said, and toss it at some debts and get them gone.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote