Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #135 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

The author used the word "probable" for reduced engine size and type, but that was not what Shiro Nakamura stated. Paragraph below:

And that won't be achieved by making it bigger. "It cannot be any larger," he says. "It's at its maximum size now and should go leaner." By that he means lighter too, with the new model to feature a down-sized engine, probably a four-cylinder turbo rather than today's 3.7-liter V6. "It needs to be lighter, and more accessible to open the door to more people," he adds.

So I ask, why wasn't Shiro Nakamura quoted saying the most controversial statement in the entire article? This is hearsay from an author spinning words. I'll wait till I see the new G arrive, that will give us the best idea for what direction they want to go.

For all the guys wishing for turbo's, they had the 2.5L in the G they discontinued that might make a viable candidate, would take some reworking as it's just a mini VQ37VHR.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote