View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
Rockcrawler
Base Member

Drives: 09 6MT, tr, spt, nv
Rockcrawler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
Nitrogen is not a scam. First year chemistry students can tell you that. Pure nitrogen does not fluctuate as much in presure compared to straight "air". It also doesn't contain the moisture of air, thereby reducing the chance for corrosion of the TPMS, etc.
I have personally tested the differences in pressure fluctuation and it is actually quite drastic.
Pure nitrogen also leaks much slower than air. Saying that air is 78% nitrogen is a bogus argument. It's 22% other components. It's those components that are the problem. That's like saying water is part Oxygen, so go ahead and breathe it.
pee in a pond. the benefit to hassle/expense ratio is a joke. I race offroad, have my own nitrogen setup for the shocks. guess what's in all my tires. A good friend has a high end tire shop, for many many years.... how many sensors is he replacing due to corrosion? zero. drink the koolaid all u want.

Is it better? yes, is it worth it or needed? hell no. what's it cost the dealers to fill four Z tires? $2-300 in initial equipment and about $2 for each car, if that.