Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #73 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
Cayman won't go turbo. Think about it logically guys. They won't want to step on the 911's toes by doing that.
Logically to achieve > 30mpg and keep up with ridiculous legislation they will need to do this at some point, however entry level makes more sense.

An S model putting out 300+ HP does not as it steps too close to base 911's which is the flagship (and has long been a problem with the Cayman S anyway...)

Personally, I am curious if a Porsche engineered H4 will sound like a Porsche at that point. Thought the 944 was a fantastic handling chassis, the I4 in it was anemic at best.

For the Z car, the history around the Z has been the affordable sports car. People seem to want it to be sub-super car in this thread. Why? Suggestions for more performance/less weight will drive cost up significantly. Not to pick on anyone, but an all AL frame will mean a 80K+ car. Remember the NSX?

I think the A8 still is mostly AL. If it was feasible they would use it also in the A4/A6 which are the profit places for Audi but its simply not cost effective at those market levels.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote