Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #49 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
With a V6 and safety equipment???? for 30k? I don't see it. The cost of alloys that are sports car worthy are high. As it stands right now we have a shytload of aluminum and carbon fiber. Remember, our cars are 92lbs lighter without the airbag system. Our seats, radio and motor are lightweight along with our radiator housing, driveshaft, and wheels. the only thing we can do is go all aluminum on the body which may shave another 80 lbs, make the airbags lighter, maybe 70 lbs? and make the engine smaller. 100 lbs. Thin out the interior and put an even lighter weight sound system. maybe 40 lbs? Go smaller wheels next time. 17 and 18 another 24 lbs?
Possible but how much will the car be with more of the expensive alloys and carbon fiber we already have without reducing engine size?
i wasnt tryin to get into a full out spec sheet on weights just speculation on whats to come. i see what youre sayin though but 30k? cmon who buys base models jk and busting balls.

with any car that progresses it will most likely have a slight jump in price but i dont think it'll go anywhere near ridiculous porsche prices. and to be honest i'd take a Z over a cayman any day. maybe not the 13 cayman because i think they finally got the body looking good but for price and performance i'd stick with a Z. HP is about the same so is 0-60 and 1/4 times to a cayman.

Nissan 370Z Coupe: 4.6 seconds 0-60 / 1/4 mile (coupe): 13.1 seconds at 108 mph

the porsche is 4.7 seconds 0-60 (4.4 with optional 7 speed DCT) in the Cayman S with 13.1-13.3 depending on source 1/4 mile for way too much money. you're paying for the badge and name not the (lack) in performance.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony

Last edited by FPenvy; 12-11-2012 at 02:52 PM.
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote