View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
Nitrogen is not a scam. First year chemistry students can tell you that. Pure nitrogen does not fluctuate as much in presure compared to straight "air". It also doesn't contain the moisture of air, thereby reducing the chance for corrosion of the TPMS, etc.
I have personally tested the differences in pressure fluctuation and it is actually quite drastic.
Pure nitrogen also leaks much slower than air. Saying that air is 78% nitrogen is a bogus argument. It's 22% other components. It's those components that are the problem. That's like saying water is part Oxygen, so go ahead and breathe it.
i agree, its not a scam bh any means but its nothing people should be charging for.there are people who refuse to out anything but nitrogen and its a little extreme. if yiu have access to it, then yes, its worth putting in over normal compressed air but nothing to worry about paying for IMO. Most of its benefits like the pressure fluctuation isnt a big deal if you just check your pressure once a month like recommended....

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote