View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvl View Post
Stories being the key word. I almost spit my java when I read the previous comment about engines blowing up at 60K. Sheesh.

Lets do a search over here...CSC, Engine oil consumption, Nissan service horrible...list goes on. Spend a day here and why would anyone buy a used Z? That is how it could have been in 2011 when we were looking.

I'm a bit smarter then that, have been on the Net since its inception and understand how things work.

For those who actually care, there is a big difference between 986 cars and 987 (which the OP was discussing). Huge. So if you ever want to learn about it, remember to differentiate. That is where you will understand what cars do have real seal issues (on average more then usual) vs. those that are fine. Which engines are more at risk for IS bearing failure and which wants are not at risk. Yes, sub 20K boxsters are 986 cars and probably not looking at. Caymans are all 987 based.

I'm not pimping one car over another. As my first reply suggests I have love for both cars. I do really hate it when people don't have an ounce of clue about what they are saying.

- b
Sure, if you look at a list on a forum of people who have issues, all cars would fit the category of 'being unreleiable'. Maybe 5% of Nissan owners have issues, maybe a little more. I'm talking about a 4 owners that I work with constantly having to take theirs back in for out of the norm services to a point the dealership gives them a courtesy car every few months that they drive for a few days. I haven't researched into the cars much because of the everyday discussions about their woes, and went into researching the Z. You seem a lot more knowledgeable about the Porsches than I and I trust your word, but their stories made the decision easy for me added into the varying years of cars and still having issues across the board. The choice from then came down to the Nissan or the BMW for me and the Z won based on personal taste.

I don't own a Z (yet), and have never owned a Porsche or a BMW. I do own a C300 Sport and a Civic but those are different creatures. My opinion is only conjecture based on anecdotes.

CDepp is offline   Reply With Quote