View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #56 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
I'm definitely no expert, but pushing a lot of torque on the overdrive gears, gears that are not built to handle the abuse the first few get, they may not hold up very well. My shop was hesitant to run my dyno's in 5th because they didn't want to put that extra wear on the gear. Again, I have no direct experience with the failure of the gears.
and thats where i decided maybe no FI since i like going fast lol if there was more info and tests on the GTM stg 4 tranny maybe i'd go that route. til then it's wait to get a GT-R unless i just TT my Z lol

my original goal was 550 to 600WHP but at those numbers the TQ gets up there and i'd probably blow my transmission in a week.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote