View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #52 (permalink)
Compdoc777
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nismo #4 MB
Compdoc777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrhsms View Post
Hey guys! I have been searching for this info for the past three hours so if I missed it sorry MODS a redo thread was not intended.

OK now to business.

I live in Germany and like to drive really fast.

Even with a 24 row oil cooler and everything else stock at cruizing speeds at 130MPH my oil temps sit around 220-240.

When I open up and top out at 165mph it rides around 250-260.

I am goin to get FI this winter but my big concern is oil temps at speeds in excess of 180+.

does anyone have any advice on setup to include FI and OIL cooler parts?
Just put a fan on the oil cooler you have now. Also where did you mount the cooler? If you put it on the drivers side or left side of the car I front of the radiator and AC heat exchanger the fan for that will suck air through the cooler when the ac is on and cool the oil by 200 degrees. If you have some way to turn that fan on while the AC is off that would solve some cooling problems. Also adding a fan to the oil cooler would work as well.

Yet at those speeds it would be nice to have two coolers with fans.

I think the best would be a cooler in each side of the front wheel well with an hole cut to let air in and one out with hose that goes to cool the brakes and puller fans on both. That way the faster you drive the more cooling and even cooling when you slow down.
Compdoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote