View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

GTM Twin Super Charger (initial)

This post is a repost from page 15. I will edit this into a full review when I have the car and have more ample time.

Oh my effin goodness, that car is absurd! It drives like a Z with more power at slow speeds. Everything is just butter. Once past 3500 rpm I can really feel things open up. 1st gear is just sacrificial to your tire God. Outside of that the car holds traction surprisingly well. But the reality is, no one will truly understand how refined this car feels, and how fantastic it feels to drive until you're in it. I'm amazed. Words just feel inadequate. I felt like a little kid, the smiles on mine and my Wife's face was permanent. The money spent felt irrelevant. It's absolutely outstanding. I did confirm the superchargers are Rotrex C30-94's which are the largest in the line. Sam seriosly did four pulls on the dyno while tuning and it put down what it did. They weren't even going for big numbers! GTM will post a thread on the finished product so I'll let them finish this off and then just append it here. I serious stand here amazed and lost for words to fully describe it. It feels so natural and evolutionary in the way it feels and makes power!

The superchargers make a faint high pitched whine too. Darth Vader BPV sound effects rock. The Whiteline sways are great. Not sure what they set them at, but roll and understeer were minimal. New rotors lines and pads made a big diff in brake feel, the car has much more initial bite too. The clutch feels stiffer with the JWT clutch/flywheel. It def chatters. I don't mind, Wife wants me to upgrade to an OSG unit when it goes. Sam feels it won't last too long at these power levels. The flywheel really lets the engine spin quickly, I noticed it immedietly, more so then pulleys. SRM is rev matching like a champ, it feels much more aggressive. I dig it. That's most of the good stuff I can think of in my 15 min drive. Hood struts... Eff that prop rod.

Pulley issues in November: Well, one of my belts is shredding and I believe it's from that tweaked pulley. Will post pics in a few

And the pulley failed and belt is off. Car still drives normally at low speed luckily, I didn't hear the belt break or the pulley fail, it just did. I was only a couple miles from home when it happened so no big deal. Just a lot of rubber in my engine bay i need to clean now.

GTM kept the car for roughly 6 weeks while I worked out of town and fixed everything free of charge. I still see small bits of belt coming off, but not sure if its old rubber or from the new belt. There is just the smallest hint of squeek when warming up, then it goes away. I also smell rubber from the belt when I mash the gas. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'm paying close attention.

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 02-17-2014 at 09:15 PM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote