View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #1199 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
I have had the exhaust on for about a week and a half now and I think I'm really feeling the loss of low end torque. It's very sluggish in low RPMs and in fact I'm not sure if this is related or not but my car (7AT) is having trouble holding the RPMs in any gear at lower RPMs.

The RPMs for example will be around 3.5k in 4th, then if I slightly let off the throttle it just dips to 2k and under as if I was holding in a clutch on a manual car rather than gradually descend as it would or should normally. That happens in almost every gear. This is my first mod. Is what I'm feeling the loss of low end torque or maybe some other issue my car maybe having with the gears and holding low RPMs? The car is 2013 2,000 miles on it.
I have a 7AT as well and that rpm drop you talk of I never noticed. I'm actually gonna play with mine tomorrow to see if I see the same. It may not be an exhaust issue but maybe tranny issue.

I have almost 14k miles on my FI exhaust and I don't feel I loss any torque and any end of the spectrum. If low end torque was lost I highly doubt it to where as with VDC off I can spin tire with the 7AT just by slamming the gas and not even holding any brake. Even when I am at the drag strip I spin off the line with added traction that is sprayed on the track and then chirp at 2nd and then I'm gone lol

Regardless to my personal experience I will play around with rpm drop that you are having tomorrow maybe even take some vids since I sit in traffic to and from work and typically have a little fun to occupy my time anyways lol
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote