View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBmikeZ View Post
Up here we can get enough snow in 1 hour that my Z would be plowing the sh!t the whole way home! (partially because my Z is lowered but also cause we get so much!)

For instance I love going snow boarding and on my way home which is approx 1 1/2 - 2 hours from where I like going. I can get enough snow that they actually close the highways regularly. Then everyone has to take the back roads if they dare to take on the drive, which is normally me
That happened to me last year... left work with about 1" of snow on the ground. By the time I got home there was about 6"+ on the road and I was having some trouble with plowing. This is in my (then stock ride height) 5.0 so I had more clearance than a Z.

The key takeaway for this area was to close offices early. No one accounted for the rate of snowfall that we had and it created a huge traffic mess.

Normally I don't go anywhere while it's snowing unless I absolutely have to. I know I can get through 4-5" of snow without issue but I don't want to go somewhere when there's 2" on the road only to get stuck in 10" of snow while I'm out. I'll wait for the snow to finish falling and for the main roads to get plowed.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote